Saturday, August 18, 2007

Survey of Job - Rest of House


The windows are probably going to be my main problem, as they have all been replaced, probably during the 1960's makeover. I have removed the frames, and the gap is 3 1/2 inches x 3 1/2 inches, which doesn't match anything I've seen on other websites (inlcuding ebay) for Triang houses. For now I've bought some plastic replicas, which are slightly short, but I'll fit thin bolsa wood on the edges whilst I look for orginals. There are marks on the indside where the metal tabs once were.


The garage seems very well preserved, apart from a large oily stain in the far corner. That will stay as is, and I'll look forward to one day hunting for a period car to occupy it!


The side porch has evidence of a brick flooring, but half of this has been removed, as I discovered after removing the thick paper covering the floor. The shelf/seat is still intact, although I'd love to know if it was originally blue as now. The front door looks original, but the knocker attatchment has gone.


The living room has been re papered but still retains the fireplace! The flooring in all the rooms is rather scuffed, but still the original parquet paper. (except for an the bay window area upstairs)

No comments: